Glitter Cascade Mani


This nail design is by far my favourite. It's perfect for a prom, wedding or even a night out with the girls. This is my go-to last minute mani for when I want my nails to look perfect but don't have the time. I always get compliments on this look and quite often people think I've been to the salon and had them done professionally.

All you need is a pink french polish and a glitter polish of your choice. Here I used Essie's Mademoiselle and Barry M's Diamond Glitter. I think it looks best when the glitter pieces are different sizes but choose what goes best with your outfit and work with what you've got.

Apply two coats of your french polish and once dry take your glitter polish and without wiping off the excess, apply it to only the top of your nail. For a rough guide I apply to the whites of my nail but this will differ depending on the length so have a practice and go with what looks right. 

After a few seconds, being to drag the excess glitter down your nail, towards your cuticle. Only apply a light pressure and take it no more than half way down the nail. This will give the elegant illusion of the glitter cascading down the nail. Once dry, finish with a high shine topcoat et voila!

No comments