Ed's Diner | Restaurant Review

Ever since I can remember I've wanted to visit a real all American diner. It started with that scene in Grease where Danny Zuko's attempt at going undercover behind restaurant menus on his date night with Sandy was rumbled by the rest of the gang. I don't know whether it was the massive shakes, burgers, the decor or the jukebox but I knew that was my kind of place.

Where I live couldn't be further from 1950's America but when I was in London last month I took a trip to the Ed's diner near Euston Station for some pre-travel fuel and this is what I ate.


My go-to meal at Ed's is a slick dog with a side of sweet potato fries and a shake but I thought I'd switch things up this time and trade my hot dog for a Chicken BLT burger. A whole grilled chicken breast in a sesame seed bun with BLT & a slice of American cheese. One lettuce leaf and one slice of tomato was a little underwhelming but the grilled chicken was moist and the bacon.. well you can't exactly go wrong with bacon can you. 

On to the sweet potato fries. Oh my what can I say about Ed's Diner sweet potato fries?! The are delicious! Unlike some I've tried the outside is crispy, the inside is soft and fluffy and not at all soggy. If I could eat them everyday I would.

Ed's are famous for their shakes and my recommendation to anybody who'll listen is peanut butter. It's my idea of heaven in a chilled glass. Served in an Ed's tumbler it fills two glasses at least so for £4.35 you get more than your money' worth. be warned though, it fills you up so if you've not got a large appetite you might want to share.

I must admit, I was left a little disappointed by the chicken BLT burger and wished I'd ordered the slick dog (hotdog with BBQ sauce, cheese sauce and bacon). For the amount of lettuce and tomato you get you might as well order the Chicken Classic and add bacon on for an extra pound.

That being said if you're in the vicinity of an Ed's Diner I recommend you pay them a visit, even if just for a shake.

I'd love to know what your favourite American Diner is.
ox Lucy

6 comments

  1. That sounds amazing, wish we had an eds in Manchester. My fav is red barbecue, their milk shakes are amazing too.
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I'll have to try Red Barbecue, I'm often in Manchester :)

      ox Lucy

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to go to an Ed's for ages, there is one in the nearest city to me but I just haven't had a chance. I'll now be bugging my boyfriend to take me even more.

    Beka. xo
    littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely try and go, I'd love to know your thoughts :)
      ox Lucy

      Delete
  3. this looks really good, especially the fries!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle

    ReplyDelete