Recipe | Nutella hot chocolate

When I posted this photo on my instagram this week it received a fair few likes so here's how I made it and how you can too.


It might be March but the weatherman must be stuck way back in January where I live. So far this week we've had rain, hail and snow leaving me feeling pretty chilly at the end of the day. One of my favourite ways to cheer myself up after a cold walk home from the station is with a large mug of Nutella hot chocolate. 

I'm putting a disclaimer out there right now and saying the word 'recipe' is a slight exaggeration, suggesting there's something complicated about this when it's far from it. The only two ingredients you need are a glass of milk and your trusty jar of Nutella. Warm the milk in a saucepan on a medium to high heat but be careful not to let it boil. Give it a whisk every now and then to distribute the heat and once it begins to bubble turn the heat down to a simmer. 

Now comes the fun part. Add a tablespoon or two.. or even three of Nutella and whisk into the milk until completely dissolved give it a little taste test to see if it's as chocolatey as you like it before pouring it into your mug and supping away on one of the best hot chocolates to pass your lips. Of course this is the basic recipe and I'd highly recommend experimenting with additions such as cinnamon, peppermint and obviously throwing a handful of marshmallows on top.

Have a great weekend!
ox Lucy 

2 comments

  1. This sounds amazing, anything with Nutella in it is a winner.
    xxx
    Lyndsey
    www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is delicious. I've seen recipes for Nutella brownies too! ox

      Delete