How to clean your make up brushes


Sunday is chore day for me and like most people, cleaning my make up brushes was one of those chores I just kept on putting off despite knowing how unhygienic it is not to clean them. That was until I discovered a little beauty saviour from Primark. 



Sold as a 'facial cleansing pad', I knew this beauty gadget would be perfect for cleaning make up brushes as soon as I set my eyes on it and for a mere £1.50 I snapped it up immediately. I experimented with it that very night and to my utter happiness I was right.


The suction pad on the back sticks to the sink so all you need to do is dampen your brush and add a tiny amount of your preferred brush cleaner to either the brush or the cleansing pad. Then, in a circle motion gently rub the brush against the silicone bristles. You don't need to apply much pressure and almost immediately you can see the make up being washed from the brush. 


This new found method of giving my brushes a much needed clean is much quicker and easier than other methods I've tried and believe me, I've tried a lot! I firstly use liquid soap to rid my brushes of any product and once clean repeat it with an antibacterial liquid so kill the germs. To wash my full set of twenty brushes it takes no more than half an hour, I'd recommend doing it whilst running the bath.

Have you any other advice for washing make up brushes?

ox Lucy

4 comments

  1. That looks like such a quick and easy method! Thanks for sharing :)

    Sabrina x
    www.sabrinajaine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! Beauty wise, it's the best thing I've discovered

      ox Lucy

      Delete
  2. I have a special brush cleansing pad that I bought online, however I wish I'd have thought of this as I have one of these Primark cleansing brushes already.. such a good tip :)
    www.natashaparisblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!!! I've done a post just the same!! It's brilliant!!!!

    Katie | www.katieangela.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete