Six weeks to summer: #1 Wishlist

These past few days in the UK have given us a taste of summer and if it's taught me anything, it's that I'm extremely unprepared. From my summer wardrobe to all too chubby thighs, it's safe to say I have a lot of work to do before I jet off on my holidays 6 weeks today.

I'm crazy excited to feel the maltese sun on my skin whilst sipping on a cocktail or two but of course there's a fair few purchases I'll need to make to get me looking the part. Naturally I've been partaking in a fair amount of online window shopping and here's what I've been lusting after..


1/2/3/4/5/6

Packing light is not my speciality and with that in mind I'm going to make a conscious effort to not overpack for this holiday. I'm only going away for a week and pretty summer dresses I could wear for day or night and shorts/skorts/skirts I can pair up with a selection of different tops are on my shopping list. I don't need any more sunglasses but I ALWAYS end up either losing or breaking them (just me?!) so I might pick up a few more pairs. These Topshop ones are adorable but ideally I'll come across a much cheaper pair in Primark so when I do misplace them it won't be such a big deal.

The ever so bright dress is not my usual style at home but on holiday I love to go all out and hopefully won't feel like I stand out like a sore thumb. The frill on top is ever so flattering for my body type which is.. er.. lacking in the boob department by giving a little shape. So much so, I was over the moon to find a similar detail on quite a few costumes/bikinis. This blue little number is from Asda which has a surprisingly good range at the minute.

Basic crop tops are a must and paired with patterned shorts give a sort of effortless look. Most shorts I've found on the highstreet lately have been far too revealing in the bum cheek area so box fit shorts seem the way to go. As for shoes comfort is the key but they also need to easily match a fair few outfits so when I'm not wearing flip flops, I'll hopefully be sporting some white sandals.



1/2/3/4/5/6

I find there's nothing worse than wearing a full face of make up on holiday so I'll really keep it to a minimum but I do like a bit of coverage so a good concealer is a must. To pair with it I found Garnier's factor 50 sun cream/BB cream. I'm not sure how good this is but I have high hopes and will definitely be purchasing it. Even in the daytime sat round the pool I like to wear mascara. I just don't feel right without it so I need to get my hands on a waterproof one that doesn't break the bank. Maybelline's offering caught my eye just because of the rather dramatic name 'illegal length'. 

For nails and lips I'll go bold, very bold! Although I'm not a massive fan of Barry M's Gelly polish, this shade Satsuma looks too good to pass up. Bourjois' liquid lipsticks are supposed to last up to 24 hours. I have no idea why anybody would need it to last that long and it is quite a claim but on holiday staying power is a must. When bar hopping and sipping a few cocktails in the sun I don't want to worried about my lips melting down my face so I'm hoping this will keep them looking perfect. This shade is called Pink Pong and I think I might be in love with it!

Finally a little skincare treat. I've been wanting to try Origins 'Drink Up' over night mask for so long after hearing lost of people bigging it up. I fly during the night so I plan on taking off my make up before boarding a lathering this on my skin. I'll probably use it each night I'm away as a treat for my skin after a long hot day.

I'd love to know if you have tried any of these products and if you have any reviews or recommendations then feel free to leave them in teh comments. 

What plans do you have for the summer? Are you jetting off somewhere hot or opting for a staycation?

Love Lucy ox

6 comments

  1. I so wish I was going on holiday this summer! I went at Easter which was amazing but now I dont have anything to look forward to.
    Love the blue costume, such a lovely colour.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh you should definitely start looking at next year's holiday for something to look forward to then! Hopefully we'll have some nice weather over the summer anyway xx

      Delete
  2. I love the shorts! The weather has been amazing in the UK, we have been lucky!
    clarabellerose.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're awesome aren't they :) The sun's gone away where I live but hopefully it comes back soon. Otherwise I'll have to get my winter clothes back out! xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Very cute isn't it and perfect colour for summer :) xx

      Delete