Six Weeks To Summer: #2 Detox Water

I've seen detox water recipes all over Pinterest lately and after binging on BBQ food and fry ups over the Bank Holiday weekend I thought it was time to cleanse my body of all the badness before starting my healthy eating regime on the run up to my holiday in 5 weeks.

I've played around with a few ingredients over the last few days but the combination that tastes best to me is lemon, mint and cucumber. I'd go as far as saying it makes water even more refreshing if that is at all possible and I just can't get enough.

Detox water recipe summer


Slice the lemon making sure to remove and seeds, you don't wanna be gulping those bad boys. Wash the mint leaves and thinly slice the cucumber. I like to slice in length ways but there's no real reason for this apart from I think it looks prettier. As for portions I tend to go for 3-4 slices of lemon and cucumber with a handful of mint then once they're in the cup I fill it up with water.

So how can you benefit? We all know lemon is good for us, it's the juice that aides digestion. Cucumber gets rid of those nasty toxins in our liver and kidneys whilst mint does a little bit of both as well as helping with lady cramps which for me is just a massive bonus.

Lots of people seem to leave the water to infuse overnight but I've been making mine first thing in the morning and start drinking it around lunch time. I refill with fresh water and ice up to three times throughout the day - anymore and the mint really doesn't taste so good and all the goodness will be gone by then anyway.


Detox diet water recipe


I'm really enjoying detox water, it's a great way to add some nutrients into your diet and a tasty way of making sure lots of water is consumed throughout the day. Have you tried detox water before? If so, what are your favourite ingredients? I'd love some new ideas.

Lucy ox


This is the second in my 'Six Weeks to Summer' series, you can view the first here.

No comments