Recently read..

Although I haven't had much time for blogging lately (exams arrrgh) I still find the time to read a fair amount of posts from others. I thought it would be nice to combine those I've enjoyed lately in a post sharing my three favourite category of blogs; fashion, food and beauty.



FASHION.

Patricia's outfit post featuring co-ords from Motel Rocks changed my entire perception of the trend. Bold prints scare me a bit but for some reason I find this one completely wearable and I'm now on the look out for something similar for the summer months. You can see how she styles the co-ord from day to night in her post here

I'm an avid follower of Faye's blog and YT channel and her style in this post is something I aspire to. Her printed dress is on trend yet the overall look is so casual and effortless. As I said, bold prints scare me a little so the muted tones of this gorgeous dress really appeal to me.




FOOD.

Avocados are my favourite fruit. Wait. They might be a vegetable *googles* yep, they're a fruit. Anyhoo.. I love avocados! But I always eat them the same way; on toast with fresh sliced tomato and a fried egg with a heavy dose of salt and pepper. One of my favourite food blogs Smitten Kitchen opened my eyes to avocado cups. I've tried a few so far and I'm full of ideas for new fillings.


Peanut butter stuffed brownie. I repeat, PEANUT BUTTER STUFFED BROWNIES! I don't know what more I could ask for from a recipe but I'm yet to try these because I'm away at uni and have nobody to share them with. This may seem like a good thing but a tray full of brownies all to myself is not a pretty sight. The recipe is currently sitting in my bookmarks bar but if you'd like to try them now, you can find it here on Sally's Baking Addiction.





BEAUTY.

My beauty regime has recently opened it's doors to micellar water when I saw Garnier's offering on sale in Boots. Since then I've been mooching around the internet for more info and today I found this post by Anita comparing the one I use with Nivea's and educating me on the science behind micellar water and how it works. It's definitely worth a read if they're part of your skincare regime, there is a bit of science in there but the interesting kind I promise. 

As much as I love nail art and especially galaxy print I've never quite mastered the technique. This beautiful pink galaxy is perfect for this season however so I think I'll have another go. If nail art is your thang, Nailasaurus is a must follow blog!


What blogs are your favourites to read? If you have a blog yourself feel free to leave the link and I'll follow on Bloglovin. 

Lucy ox

No comments