A little life update


instagram - @theonewith_lucy

The last six weeks or so have been a bit of a whirlwind. With the end of my working contract looming, I was desperate for a change but where I live the opportunities for progression are few and far between. I knew I'd have to make a few adjustments and broadened my search further afield. I spent hours perfecting my CV and specifically tailoring my cover letter for each vacancy. I realised that persistence was key and after applying for around 50 jobs, I had 4 interviews and four successful job offers. 

Fast forward a few weeks and I've moved out of the comfort zone that was my old job and started a new job in my dream sector, fitting in perfectly with my career plan. Not just that, but it's in a new city. As of tomorrow I'll be living and working in Manchester and I'm scared and excited in equal measures. 

All this mixed together with two weekends of reunions with uni friends, crazy shopping trips, a One Direction concert (fangirled my way through that one) and thirteen hour days thanks to the longer commute, it's fair to say I've been exhausted.

As busy as this time in my life has been, I am really looking forward to settling into my new home, exploring all the new city has to offer and getting into a routine. The new start is more than welcome, I'm embracing all the positive changes in my life right now and if you'd like, I'll take you along with me.

ox Lucy




I'd love you to follow me on Bloglovin Instagram & Pinterest

No comments