5 scary movies for people who don't like scary movies!

I love halloween. I love dressing up, carving pumpkins and filling my room with ghostly decor. There's one thing I can't get on board with though; scary movies. I guess the entire scary aspect of Halloween sort of puts me off a bit. With that in mind, I've compiled a list of some of my favourite not so scary movies!

Casper. If you're a 90's kid, this one is a childhood classic. Casper is the spirit of a 12 year old boy and he is anything but scary. 

Addam's Family. They're a spookily strange family but once you get past that and embrace the weird and wonderful you can enjoy the film for all it's brilliance. Although I must admit. Thing (the hand) scared the hell out of me as a child.

Harry Potter. Wizards, spells, friendship, love and magic - you all know the drill. 

Monsters, Inc. I much prefer MI to the prequel Monster's University. It challenges the concept children have of scary monsters but there really is no age limit on this one.

Hocus Pocus. The classic search of the spell for immortality but not your average Disney film. I loved this as a kid but haven't watched it in years. Only looking back have I realised SJP plays Sarah. 

What's your favourite non-scary Halloween movie? Or are you all for a fright night movie session?

ox Lucy

2 comments

  1. Love all these and also love Halloweentown trilogy and twitches =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hocus Pocus. Have you heard they might be making a sequel? Other favourite non scary movies would have to be Edward Scissorhands or anything else by Tim Burton really. x

    ReplyDelete