Blog update.

Well hello there :) I thought I'd write a bit of a chatty post just to draw you attention to a few changes on this little blog of mine. As I'm pretty new to this whole thing the design of blogs baffles me somewhat but I've spent the week googling tutorial posts and searching for tips and tricks to improve the aesthetics of my blog.

Firstly I changed colour scheme and header. I wanted something a little brighter for spring but kept it clean and minimalistic. Busyness makes my eyes hurt. As I made my blog wider I made the text bigger and this I need your opinion about. Too big? Better? See there's quite a big difference between the two sizes and my eyesight is errm.. not the best. Let me know what you think :)

I created an About Me, Contact & Regular Reads page. I thought the about me would be useful for new visitors which I'm getting lots more of now according to goggle analytics. It also features some cringeworthy selfies so you can get to know the face behind this blog. Although I don't particularly like them, I'm happy to have them tucked away on that page rather than scaring readers on the main page.

I'm yet to get to grips with making my own social media buttons (think I'll leave that for a month or two) so the contact me has all my social media sites listed in one place. I'm trying to be much more active on social media and always follow back so feel free to take a look.

Finally, I LOVE reading people's Blogroll/Favourite Blogs page and so decided to make my own. I've found some of my favourite blogs that way. I'm not quite sure how to organise it though. At the moment there's not a long list but as I add to it I may categorise them, just for ease of use.

I'm fairly happy with the final result and I hope to continue to improve it as my preferences change and my skills develop. Any feedback, tips or recommended posts that might help are extremely welcome.

Happy Sunday,
Lucy ox

2 comments

  1. The new text size is better chick, blogs looking good
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the feedback :)

      ox

      Delete