My Dairy Free Diet Diary

This post is a little different but as it's something I want to record the progress of I thought what better a way to do it than on my blog. 

As you can probably tell from the title I have made the decision to cut dairy out of my diet. There are many reasons for doing this but the main reason is in hope of improving my skin. For the past 6 months I've had breakouts worse than when I was a teenager. I've altered my skincare products and routine, used countless treatments and even gone make up free but nothing seems to be shifting them. 



I've conducted some scientific research (read blog posts and watched youtube videos) and the consensus for many is that a dairy free diet helps acne-prone skin immensely. Although my dietary matra is 'eat what you like in moderation' and I'm not one for obsessing over diets or fads, I figure I have nothing left to lose.

To sum it up in a couple of points, the main reasons dairy products can cause acne are:
  • Cows are injected with hormones which, we then consume from their milk and can cause acne
  • Milk causes the production of sebum which as you may know can clog pores 
I'm going to be trying a dairy free diet for the whole of January. Whether or not this is long enough remains to be seen but I'm hoping I'll be able to see some difference within that time. 

As well as tracking my progress (hopefully) I'll be posting about any difficulties I face, substituting dairy foods for non-dairy foods and any other topics that might be of interest to somebody hoping to try this out themselves.

If you have any advice I'd love to hear it :)

Love Lucy ox

No comments