Monthly Playlist: January

January hasn't been a great month for music for me. I've found very few new songs/artists I like enough to put on a playlist but those I've chosen are very worthy indeed! Quality over quantity and all that Jazz.




I hadn't listened to much of Vampire Weekend's latest music other than Diane Young but when I heard Fearne play Unbelievers on R1 I immediately searched for their album Modern Vampires of the City on Spotify and was really impressed. If you were a fan of their earlier music but Diane Young put you off their new album, give this track a listen.

Katy B is back yayayayayayay! Her new album Little Red is to be released next month and I'm really excited to hear more of her new material (apparently she's been writing with Guy Chambers). Crying for No Reason is that perfect mix of dance and pop you would expect but her vocals are on a whole new level of awesomeness. If you didn't hear Katy B in the Radio 1 Live Lounge this week have a listen here. You will not be disappointed. 

I've been listening to Chris Malinchak before every night out this month. If U Got It has the perfect dance beat to get you in the partying mood but the relaxed vibe makes it perfect to listen to whilst getting ready. Nobody needs a high tempo dance track to get their body unwillingly raving whilst trying to perfect winged eyeliner to go with your night time smokey eye.

What have you been listening to this month? I'd LOVE to know.

Lucy
ox

No comments