30 polishes in 30 days #1: Barry M Gold Foil Effects

I don't buy many beauty products, I'm not one of those girls who has 12 varying shades of red lipstick or the entire collection of Urban Decay's entire Natural palettes. I tend to find a product I like and stick with it until it runs out or I misplace it (usually the latter). There is one weakness I have though and that's nail polish. I used to paint my nails every week and would always be trying out the latest designs I saw on instagram but lately I've just fallen out of the habit. So, in attempt to get me back to my old ways I've set myself a challenge - 30 nail polishes in 30 days throughout the month of September. I saw my fave Miss Budget Beauty do something similar with lipsticks and took inspiration.


Day 1: Barry M Gold foil effects

To kick off my challenge I've chosen to 'Go Gold' for child cancer awareness month. I love the foil effect polishes from Barry M and this gold one also looks great with a matte topcoat on top. It applied quite thinly so I used three coats but it dried quickly so didn't take much time at all.

Child cancer awareness is a cause very close to my heart and throughout September they are asking people to familiarise themselves with the symptoms. Most GP's will never see a case of childhood cancer in their careers and many symptoms might not seem too serious. This can lead to wrong or late diagnosis. With this in mind as parents, family members and friends it is important to spread the word so vital signs aren't missed. You can read much more about this in my post here but wearing gold and/or spreading the word on social media could help more than you realise.

I'd love to know what charity you support and how you do so.

ox Lucy

I'd love you to follow me

No comments