5 things I love about Autumn


One. Everything becomes way more picturesque in Autumn. The picture above is from last year when I had the pleasure of walking through an autumnal haven everyday. I love to see the colours changing of the leaves that eventually fall and crunch beneath my feet.

Two. Cosy Sundays. A brushed cotton duvet, thick throws and a onesie. Drink several hot mugs of tea whilst switching between catching up with your favourite blogs, reading a few chapters of your book and Netflixing.

Three. Nobody expects you to have a tan in Autumn. I'm pale and I hate it but Throughout Autumn and winter I try to embrace it. My legs are rarely on show and I don't feel half as self conscious about my milk bottle white skin as I do in summer. Not fake tanning/ maintaining my fake tan adds a goof few hours each week that I can spend doing more important things (watching Netflix).

Four. Layers. A/W fashion is a hundred times more interesting. Granted much more thought and effort goes in to my outfits at this time of year but even on a lazy day, a dress with tights, ankle boots and a chunky knitted scarf looks far better than anything I throw on in summer.

Five. Switching up my nail polish. Each season I rearrange my nail polishes and Autumn sees the reintroduction of berry and earthy toned polishes. These are my absolute favourites, I think I'll give them a post of their own later in the month.

What's your favourite thing about this time of year? I've been updating my Autumn Pinterest board, take a look.

ox Lucy



1 comment

  1. I love Autumn, i love the crunchy leaves and the limited edition drinks in restaurants/shops =]
    https://www.pinterest.com/emyii90/autumn/

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete