Thai Red Curry Prawn Wrap



I absolutely love this recipe, it can be adapted depending on how much spice you prefer and is so quick and cheap to make. I often have it for lunch but sometimes substitute the wrap for rice and have it for my evening meal. Here's what you'll need to make it:

  • Garlic clove
  • Spring onions
  • Thai curry paste
  • Prawns (if frozen, thoroughly thaw fist)
  • Coconut milk
  • Fish sauce
  • Mixed veg (I use a stir fry mix from Tesco that includes red cabbage, Sugarsnap peas, carrots and tender stem broccoli 
  • Tortilla


On a medium heat sauté a crushed garlic clove and a handful of chopped spring onions in a wok or frying pan.

Once softened add a heaped teaspoon of thai curry paste and stir. I always use red but if you prefer something less spicy then green will work just as well.

Add the prawns, I find 6-8 are enough but that depends on the size so use your culinary instinct and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the prawns are cooked.

Two tablespoons of coconut milk is now added and can be used to reduce the heat of the curry paste. At this point, a teaspoon of fish sauce with it, throw in your mixed veg and let it simmer on a low heat until they're tender.

In the meantime, heat the tortilla in the oven or microwave.

When it's ready, plonk the curry onto the tortilla, wrap it up in such a manner that will prevent fall out and gobble it down.



I usually put some fresh spinach in the tortilla before folding it but that's just because my idol is Popeye.

Lucy ox

No comments