Monthly Playlist: November

I must confess, I've listened to a limited amount of music this month. My time's been filled up with uni work and deadlines and taking time to chill out and browse Spotify has been considered somewhat of a luxury. I have however been listening to the radio most afternoons and that's where I've discovered most music this month.



I think it's fair to say that Lily Allen's comeback has kicked ass! I've been a fan of her music since the MySpace days and my goodness am I happy she's back. 

I kept hearing a song I really liked on the radio but never knew who the artist was. Eventually i googled the lyrics and was surprised to learn it was James Blunt. Don't get me wrong, his hits Beautiful and Goodbye my lover used to be regulars on the iPod but I'd kind of forgotten his musical existence (oops). Bonfire Heart is really good though and if you haven't given it a listen because you didn't like his old stuff then I recommend you do.

Now people who know me will tell you that I'm a closet Directioner so i was excited to hear Story of My Life this month and obviously I'd been anticipating Midnight Memories for a while now. When I first heard Story of My Life I've gotta admit I was a little disappointed. See the reason I love 1D is their cheesey, up-beat pop tunes that you shouldn't love but do. SOML is completely different with much more of a mature sound. As you'd expect, my love for 'the boys' prevailed and the song has grown on my like a wart on the end of my nose (*DISCLAIMER* I don't have a wart at the end of my nose.. or anywhere for that matter).

What have you been listening to this month? Are you happy Lily's back? 

ox Lucy

No comments