5 things that made me happy in August


instagram: @theonewith_lucy

One The Bake Off is back! I love food. I will pretty much watch any tv show that revolves around people cooking and eating (suggestions welcome). GBBO is probably the only TV show I've properly watched this month and so far Ian is a definite favourite. I don't think he'll win though - there's bound to be a dark horse who rises through the ranks and pips him at the post in true reality tv competition style!


Two I read and watched Papertowns this month and I just can't. John Green has done it again. Unlike TFIOS I enjoyed the film just as much as the book, perhaps because I'd seen the trailer before I started reading and so Cara D was always Margo to me. I don't want to say much about the plot incase of spoilers. I'll probably be reading Looking for Alaska soon in my quest to make my way through JG's collection.

Three This empowering video by MuchelleB on youtube about how to be a badass babe. I feel so lucky to be living at a time when there is so much positivity and encouragement in the feminist community and strong powerful women are recognised for their successes.  This being said, we all need a little encouragement every now and then and Michelle's channel is all about that! I spoke more about her in my fave YTers post here so if you're looking for some new vids have a read.

Four We know who A is!!! The PLL summer finale this month has been a long time coming. Granted I haven't been watching the show for 6(?) years like lots of viewers, I actually binge watched the first 4 seasons on Netflix and have been hooked ever since. Although I had mixed feelings about the reveal of A, red coat and black veil I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I can rest easy at night knowing who has tortured the girls and more importantly WHY for all these years.

Five The Race For Life! I actually ran the race last month but finished collecting my sponsor money for it last week. I raised just over £300 for cancer research. Everybody knows somebody who has fought or is fighting this terrible disease and to know I've made even the tiniest of contributions towards cancer research makes me very happy.

What's made you happy this month?

ox Lucy


I'd love you to follow me

4 comments

  1. I just watched MuchelleB's video and just yes to everything she said...just yes haha! On my quest to become a badass babe ;)
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's awesome right? I too am on a quest to be a badass babe, Imagine if the world was filled with them haha. Thanks so much for commenting. xxx

      Delete
  2. You’re officially one of my favourite bloggers, keep up the great work! xxx



    Ghost Girl Fragrance- Dare to be YOU!

    ReplyDelete