2016 Blog Goals

I've been taking blogging much more seriously of late and with the New Year approaching I've come to realise that most of my goals for 2016 were blog related ones. If I get them written down on here I'll be able to keep good track of where I'm at and revisit this post throughout the year to record my progress.



1Purchase my own domain. I'm pretty nervous about this one, I need to do more research into moving over from blogger and which domain hosts are the best. If you've any tips please let me know.

2Streamline my content. Now I'm used to blogging I know what posts I enjoy creating and which are most well received. Focusing my posts in certain topics will improve my continuity and provide prompts when I'm struggling for post ideas.

3Redesign. I love my layout from Pipdig but I'm planning a relaunch once I've sorted my own domain. I want it to be 100% perfect so it's not something I'm going to rush but I've got a few design ideas floating round in my mind.

4Improve photography. I feel like the quality of my images were getting much better during the summer but longer working hours and dark nights have really left me struggling.

5Invest in some equipment. Following on from my last point, I'd like to invest in a light box and tripod this year. I don't need anything expensive, just something that'll help me along the way.

6Rewrite old posts. I've read so much about improving old posts and promoting them again. It seems like a great idea for those posts I wrote when I'd just begun.

7Hold a giveaway. I'm big into comping and enter as many as I can. I'd love to be on the other side, hosting my own giveaway. I might do this when I reach a milestone or to celebrate my relaunch.

8Advertise on another blog for a month. When I'm happy with my blog and content I'd love to purchase an advertising spot on a blog with with readers who would potentially be interested in my content. I'll only do this when I have good quality posts scheduled and I'm happy with what I have to offer.

9Get to grips with SEO. I know very little and I've been learning as I go, picking up a few tips here and there. The beauty of the internet is that it's full of resources that allow you to become an expert at pretty much anything so I'm going to get my study on and become a pro.. or at least competent in SEO. 

10Host a Twitter chat. I love the idea of hosting a chat but I need to gain way more blogging confidence first. This is definitely a goal for the latter half of 2016.

11Expand to YouTube. I love craft and DIY but have struggled to find a format I like for these types of blog posts. YT might be a better option for me so maybe (and it's a pretty big maybe)I'll venture in to a whole new world.

12Write more personal posts. I'm always a bit conscious of putting myself out there and I've got a few draft posts I'm wary of publishing. I'm just going to bite the bullet and do it.

13Comment on more blogs. So often I'll read posts on my iPhone or iPad when I'm on the go and never end up commenting. I need to show more appreciation so I'm going to make the effort to share the love.

14Get ahead. I tend to be about a 2/3 days ahead with my posts. Usually on a Sunday I'll draft my posts for the week and take photos when I can. I tend to leave the final edit until the last minute though and this never makes for my best content. Ideally I'd like to be a week ahead at all times meaning if any emergencies come up or I'll be on top of my blog.

15Plan. To help me get ahead I'm going to start planning dedicated blog times each week. I plan my personal life thoroughly but I can be a bit lax when it comes to blog planning. Dedicated times will help me focus and will stop other things taking over.

16Post daily for a month. I felt a tremendous amount of disappointment in myself when I couldn't complete Blogmas as I was so on track and doing really well. My creativity was flowing and I was getting great feedback. I want to blog daily for a month in 2016 but I'm not sure when. I don't fancy waiting until next December though!

What are your blogging goals? How will you make sure you stick to them?

ox Lucy


1 comment

  1. I really enjoyed reading this, one of my goals is to comment on more blogs too so here I am :) Good luck with sticking to your goals, I hope I can stick to mine too :) lots of love xxx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete