Post-Christmas Update.



So December has been weird. I started off the month in good spirits with a trip to Dublin and powering my way through Blogmas. I was all organised for Christmas shopping, parties and NYE celebrations and then BAM a bus! Okay so I didn't get hit by a bus but I did get hit by a car. 

In the grand scheme of things I'm okay and it could have been much, much worse. The NHS were of course brilliant and I'll continue to be grateful for a service provided for us by individuals who strive to do their best despite such awful conditions and little funding. That being said, I has a nasty bout of concussion to overcome, badly bruised ribs and cuts and scrapes all over.

I tried not to let it dampen my spirit too much - after all I got time off work to watch Christmas movies (although concussion made them pretty difficult to follow) and my family were, as always, superstars. I soothed my aching muscles in Lush baths which, let's face it, is never a bad experience.

Needless to say, Blogmas went out of the window and Christmas shopping was left until the very last minute. I'd missed online delivery dates so had to battle it out in the high street on the last two days before Christmas. I won't be doing that again. Ever!

I'm still in lots of pain with my ribs and on some pretty strong pain killers but now I'm able to look at a computer screen without feeling dizzy I'm ready to get back in to blogging and plan to start 2016 with a bang!

I hope your festive season was enjoyable and you were surrounded by loved ones.

ox Lucy

No comments